Punished with a Baby

by Steve Ray on June 24, 2008

"If [my daughters] make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

Barak Hussein Obama (probably your next president)!

ObamaBaby.jpg

Tom Nourse June 24, 2008 at 8:49 AM

Imagine that, calling a baby, a Blessing from God, one created in His likeness and Image, “punishment”. What in the heck is wrong with people? Can we demand God’s wrath any more quickly??? Please pray.

Tom

Javier Rodriguez June 24, 2008 at 2:06 PM

It is amazing how this guy thinks for somebody who graduated with a J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard. How can you think that a baby is a punishment? My wife gave birth to my third child in May 30. When I looked at him, I did not think “punishment”. What I thought was, maybe this one will become a priest. What a blessing!!!

Andrew June 24, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Why doesn’t someone ask Mr. Obama if he was a punishment to his mother.

Mrs. Tim Hall June 25, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Our sixth baby was due last week. (Apparently he or she is still a little too comfortable!) Every child is a blessing, a gift directly from God’s hand. “It is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves.” (Psalm 100) If we end up with such a president, it will be a case of reaping what we have sown in “free America.” God help us.

Diane Remling July 28, 2008 at 7:01 PM

In his chapter on Faith in his book “Audacity of Hope”. Obama states that as a young boy, his mother told him of preachers who insisted that the earth and the heavens had been created in seven days …”all geologic and astrophysical evidence to the contrary.” The quotes are his. I thought this was a strange comment since it suggests that he has never since explored further Biblical teaching nor updated his knowledge on the natural and physical sciences.

His comment on not wanting one of his daughters to be “punished by a baby” should a pregnancy occur at an inconvenient time orby an unhappy occurrence is simple chilling. I had hoped his travel abroad might put him on the same road Saul took but alas, that miracle didn’t happen. We pray that it will.

Mike September 13, 2008 at 11:14 PM

HA HA HA Obama, good one.

A baby is a blessing not a curse. Let me tell you all a story, about a teenager who made alot of mistakes. A teenager who got into to trouble and was going nowhere. That teenager is my friend and next door neighbor tony. Hes 21 years old, and he has a two year-old son. He wanted the baby, his girl-friend wanted to abort it. He REFUSED. He is now raising his son, by himself with the help from his parents.

This baby was not a mistake. He was a blessing and he helped turn a down and out teenagers life around. Over the next years, my neighbor changed in ways his parent only imagined. He has a job, he is going back to college, and he is doing everything in his power to give his son the life he deserves.

I commend him and I hope God continues to bless him.

??? January 28, 2009 at 1:21 PM

This is not a real comment Obama made. This is a lie. You all are sheep for believing this.

STEVE RAY HERE: I DON’T BLAME YOU FOR FAILING TO GIVE YOUR NAME. YOU ARE ALSO INCORRECT AND IF YOU WANT TO DISPROVE IT; GREAT — THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU.

Steve Kalman July 25, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Steve,

My name is Steve Kalman from Lutherans for Life – a pro life group. I have a real problem. My wife and I, along with a couple others want to use the poster “PUNIISHMENT” as a backdrop for our pro-life booth at the Porter County fair here in Indiana. Fair started yesterday and we had it all set up and ready to go, when someone in our group decided it was too negative and took it down. The person is now making us jump thru hoops before letting us put it back up by claiming that we’ll get sued if we don’t have written permission from the original photographer. So now I’m scrambling to see what I can do. I see this Poster everywhere but am unable to contact anyone authorized to give me legal permission Can you point me in the right direction or help me in any way? If so, please contact me ASAP! Thanks//Steve