From Dave Armstrong: Friend & Great Apologist

by Steve Ray on August 1, 2008

If Dave Armstrong wants to confront White, more power to him. I personally find the guy a predictable bore and a waste of time. Here are Dave’s comments related to the Sola Scriptura YouTube posted below.

Steve:
White (with the utmost predictability) has come after both of us, on his Dividing Line show. I wrote a semi-humorous post about it that your readers might enjoy:

See also my original post, where I put up the You Tube piece, as you did:

Keep up the great work, and it was fun fellowshipping twice recently.

On Dave’s second link you will find many of Dave’s other confrontations with White. Interestingly enough, I will be interviewing White’s sister Patty Bonds, along with other fascinating guests, this week for our upcoming TV series Defenders of the Faith. Stay tuned.

R. E. Aguirre August 1, 2008 at 7:23 PM

In a sense you are right Steve, White has been refuted time and again (notably in you’re book – Upon This Rock). But it would be fun to see a debate between Armstrong and White.
______________________

R. E. Aguirre
Regulafide.blogspot.com

STEVE RAY HERE: I doubt Dave Armstrong would waste his time with White, preferring rather to poke at him on his website. In the past I said if you poke a rabid dog you can anticipate the predictable response. I also doubt White would be willing to debate Dave Armstrong. I think he is afraid of Armstrong but couches it with other excuses.

Chuck Rodee August 3, 2008 at 7:53 AM

STEVE RAY HERE: I doubt Dave Armstrong would waste his time with White, preferring rather to poke at him on his website. I also doubt White would be willing to debate Dave Armstrong.

Interesting comment. Steve, would you be willing to confront White if I set it up? I would pay your entire expenses and his, that includes plane trips, hotels, meals, transportation and salary.

STEVE RAY HERE: Thanks for your generous offer but I don’t need any money and I certainly don’t have any interest in debating White. We have been over this before. I don’t live to debate like some people do. White considers me far more important than I consider him. He is, like I said, both bore and waste of time. Life is short and there are important things to do. I don’t want to waste it feeling dirty dealing with such a man. I’ve always said that getting to close to him makes me feel like I need a shower. Thanks, but no thanks.

Chuck Rodee August 5, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Say, let me know how I can reach the point of not needing any money!:)

Thanks for responding.

kentuckyliz August 19, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Chuck: Live simply, below your means, save and invest, tame your insatiable appetites for stuff and experiences. Even economics teaches scarcity–you will never satisfy all your wants.

God alone suffices.

trudy wal August 19, 2008 at 9:42 PM

“I don’t want to waste it feeling dirty dealing with such a man. I’ve always said that getting to close to him makes me feel like I need a shower”

I sure am glad that Jesus never felt that way. If he had I am sure he never would have reached out to me a sinner.

STEVE RAY HERE:
Jesus felt contempt for arrogant, unrepentant sinners all the time and called the self-righteous Pharisees things that would be considered “unkind” today. He called them “white washed tombs full of dead men’s bones” and other choice phrases.

Regarding reaching out to sinners, I have invited White to lunch on numerous occasions and he refused, saying to eat with me would be to compromise the gospel or some such nonsense and that he only would eat with people he likes and he doesn’t like me :-) He is a little man.

Kevin Leahy October 25, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Steve how is it going? I really enjoyed your movies on St. Paul and am trying to promote them. God bless you