On Fr. Groeschel’s Show Sunday Night

by Steve Ray on September 13, 2009

IMG_1849UPDATE: The morning after, Monday, 9/14:
I had a great time on the show with a full studio audience. I was delighted to get a call on the show from Dr. Alice von Hildebrand. We talked about the Incarnation of Jesus and Mary the Mother of God.

I really enjoyed spending the evening with Fr. Groeschel at his Trinity Retreat House. Had a chance to share dinner after the show, Mass and breakfast this morning.

IMG_1847I have to say he is every bit as genuine and delightful in person as on the TV. I love this great man and priest — he is a treasure of the Church.

(Click on images for larger pictures)

Sunday Morning, 9/13: I am on a plane to EWTN to be Fr. Groeschel’s guest tonight at 7:00 PM.

The show is entitled: Sunday Evening Live with Fr. Benedict Groeschel.  It will show again on Saturday at 5 PM.

Chad Myers September 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM

(total tongue in cheek)

I would definitely like to get a picture of you riding Fr. Groeschel’s sow (see title).

I don’t mean to nitpick, but that was a particularly funny typo in the title :)

STEVE RAY HERE: opps! I fixed it. Thanks! ACTUALLY WE DECIDED THE SOW WAS TO MUDDY AND I OUGHT NOT RIDE IT TODAY :-)

Rena Sieben September 13, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Hi Steve, I wish you could have had enough time to fully answer the question…are you born again?…I am a cradle Catholic, with three sons who are Evangelical….You said “I am born again the Bible way………………..and were not able to finish the sentence. Could you please finish the sentence for me? Much appreciated, loved the program!!
Thanks
in Christ’s peace,
Rena

jennifer westerheide September 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Dear Mr. Ray,
I just finished watching Fr. Groechel’s show… and you were going to answer the “Catholic’s view/ answer of being “born again”, etc.

Will you please finish your teaching on this, as you would say now? Catholic’s and baptism, etc.

Thanks,
jenny

Francis Beckwith September 13, 2009 at 11:47 PM

You’re here! So am I. I am doing the Journey Home tomorrow night!

We have to get together, bro.

I’ll email you my cell phone number.

Blessings,
Frank

Steve Ray September 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Several people asked me to “finish” what I got started on the show before we ran out of time. I was answering a question about Fundamentalist Protestants and salvation, especially the concept of being “born again.” Here is a link to an explanation I gave a while ago. Hope it helps.

Rudy September 14, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Hello:

I’ve enjoyed your programs on EWTN; a good alternative to shows like the Naked Archaeologist of the History Channel.

One question: I always wanted to know if the books in the background of Father Groeschel set are real (OK not ground breaking insighful question, but curious!)

Keep the good work.

R

Steve Ray September 14, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Everyone: Thanks for your kind words. Fr. Groeschel said he was very happy with the show and will be inviting me back in about a year.

Rudy: The books in the set — real or not. It is highly confidential. I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you :-)

Just kidding, they are a mural and not real. But DON’T tell him I said so. If you do, I’ll deny that I told you.

Joan Collins September 15, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I loved the show with Fr. Groeschel and you together. You are two of my very favorite people. You played a very important role in bringing back to the faith when I saw you at a Catholic family conference here in Wichita. I hope you come back here again soon. Is there any chance of that?

Joan

Steve Ray September 15, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Thanks so much Joan. I would love to come back to Wichita for the Family Conference. All you have to do is get Barbara Kelly to invite me!

In July 2010 I will be speaking at the Wichita Legatus chapter.