Inspiring Story of Garvan Byrne

by Steve Ray on June 15, 2010

A Wonderfrul Testimony. A twelve-year-old trapped in the body of a five-year-old, Garvan Byrne, of an Irish background, endured intense pain as he flirted with certain death. Throughout all of the trauma, he remained hopeful and optimistic, finding peace and meaning in life that most adults have never seen.

Part 3 on the Eucharist is particularly moving.

One viewer wrote: “In my 70+ years I do not believe I have ever heard a more inspirational message. After listening to this I know my faith pales in comparison. I could only ever hope to be as brave as this young man and his parents. To everyone else I can only suggest you take the 15 or 20 minutes in a quiet place and listen and I’m sure you will agree with me.”

jmctigret June 16, 2010 at 6:41 PM

This was amazing and inspiring. He is a little saint.

Hank Williams June 24, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Thx. ever so much for sharing the warmth and beauty of this wonderful angel. He truly made my heart sing, my face smile and gave me such a warm and happy feeling. I know that Garvin, did go to God and shall always be there and for those who are blessed with the same destination will be lucky enough to meet him.

All the best to his family and friends….

Hank Williams

Vincent Rajiv November 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

What an inspiring story. A child with such a deep spirituality despite of his condition. He is just amazing.

Nicole October 11, 2011 at 11:20 PM

I’m rendered speechless by Garvan’s spirituality and courage. We thank your parents for bringing you into this world! What a blessed gift you were to all of us whose lives you touched through this interview!

Cynthia Wood November 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I have never heard someone state with such clarity and brevity the tenets of my faith. What I hear when I have played this over several times is the perfection when the head and heart speaks in perfect harmony. As his own mother said, he possesses something which so many of us strive for. For no better word, I will call it “Peace”. Not the silly shallow peace sign of the hippie days of old, but a deep harmony within the core of your being when you are able to put complete trust in God. I may not have this peace yet, but at least I now know what it looks and sounds like if/when I do.
Cindy Wood

Vicente Bass Jr May 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I believe that God speaks through the lips of this young boy, assuring all of us the much much much beautiful (with no comparison) everlasting life in Heaven. With out doubt, Galven was an Angel.

Vicente Bass Jr May 23, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Sorry for the typo error mean Garvan.