Obama Approves Mosque

by Steve Ray on August 14, 2010

wtc-plane2-crash2-orig-550x438Obama approves a mosque at Ground Zero in New York. Why doesn’t this idiotic and insensitive decision of his not surprise me?

Why this and other blunders could make Obama a one-term president, written by Roger Simon in Politico.

Tom Govern August 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I agree! It is not a mater of religious freedom, it is just common sense. You have got to ask yourself why these Muslims want to do this in the first place! They know what they are doing, stirring the pot!

Van August 15, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Although I find this insensitive and disturbing,I believe religious freedom must be taken into consideration. Mr. Obama has no real choice but to do what he did even though the decision will upset some. He would ruffle feathers no matter which choice he implemented.

Obama has taken impossible odds when becoming our president. He will never be able to please most people. When his decision pleases one group it will enrage another. I keep him in constant prayer as it is better to support him than to oppose him. IMHO

Tom Govern August 15, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Indeed, we need to pray for all our decision makers. Hopefully God will guide them correctly. However, this statement by our President is misguided. It is not a mater of religious freedom. If I start a religion that says I am free to convert people to my religion and if they do not comply I can enslave them or kill them, am I free to practice that religion in this country? Am I allowed to do any of these things in the name of religious freedom? Yet this is exactly what the Mulsim religion teaches. It is their law.

As a Christian, we cannot talk about or start any kind of church building in many Muslim countries. Now, I believe that as Americans, we are really above that type of prohibition, but why don’t all the peace loving Muslims of the world reverse these policies? If they are so peaceful, why don’t they get these policies changed? Why don’t they openly deny Jihad? Why don’t they condemn the Taliban?

A mosque at ground zero will do nothing to add peace to the area and country. What is the point of building it there? I believe that it is only to insite! They know what they are doing!

Tom Govern

David McCord August 16, 2010 at 12:15 AM

I am conservative, Christian, a member of the Tea Party, and generally disagree with everything Obama says and does. I am staunchly anti-Obama. However, as a conservative and a Christian, even more, I believe in religious freedom. I rarely agree with Obama on anything, but I have to agree with him in this case. I cringed when I heard him say this, because I hate to agree with this sorry excuse for an American president. Religious freedom is a HUGE issue for me! This is a conservative, constitutional principle.

Another important point is that the site for the mosque is 2 blocks of Manhatten away!! There are tall buildings between the site and ground zero. You can’t see ground zero from the mosque site. It is a relatively small building in the midst of skyscrapers with no direct view of ground zero. When I found out that it is not across the street as I had visualized, but rather two Manhatten blocks away, it changed my mind on this issue. It is not an insult to ground zero. If it were across from ground zero, or within view of ground zero, I would consider it an insult in the manner that most folks view it.

Veronica August 16, 2010 at 9:03 PM

My understanding is that it will be in a building where debris (I believe it was landing
gear from one of the planes) fell into and damaged the Burlington Coat Factory store. So for those “hijackers of the Religion of Peace” this might be considered a conquest building.

But, you know, I sadly agree with Obama that from a religious freedom and private
property issue, there’s not much we in the civilized tolerant society can legally do to block this mosque from happening. I would like moderate Muslims
to step up and decide that perhaps this is an insensitive thing to do, and protest it
loudly …. but I’m not holding my breath. In the mean time, I would like to point out
that a little reciprocity in the Muslim countries in regards to freedom of religion would go a long way in building bridges … again, not holding my breath.

And it goes without saying that the Liberal Left acted true to script — happy to invoke the freedom of religion flag in defense of every religion except Christianity.

bill912 August 17, 2010 at 12:50 PM

This is NOT a religious freedom issue. No one is denying Muslims the right to practice their religion. There are already many mosques in NYC. This is an issue of Muslims trying to erect a monument to their co-religionists who killed 3,000 of our citizens. Muslims erect mosques on the sites of their victories(Dome of the Rock, anyone?). This is an issue of certain Muslims giving the finger to Americans, giving the lie to their claim that their intention is to bring us together.