Eucharist Means Everything!

by Steve Ray on November 27, 2010

Cory wrote me yesterday and said I could share this with everyone:

Jesus-&-Eucharist-733676Hi Steve: I’ve never written to you before but felt I just had to this time. I watched to your 7 Footprints of God DVD’s and your Defending the Eucharist, and it was awesome.

I am a new Catholic. I became Catholic as of last Easter vigil. When I went to the R.C.I.A classes I was very upfront with why I was there. I said I just wanted to know what the Catholic church believed and why my Grandmother believed what she did. To me it was very strange. I told everyone in the class I had no intentions of becoming Catholic. I was just curious.

I was baptized Catholic as an infant, but never grew up in the Faith because my Parents died when I was 3 or 4 years old. My mother was Catholic, but my Dad was an Atheist. I lived in 15 different foster homes before I was 10 years old. My foster parents were Christian Reform. But thru out my childhood, I always had a memory of my Grandmother praying her Rosary everyday. I needed to find out why.

It took me over 50 years to walk into a Catholic church. All my years as a Protestant, I took the Lord’s Supper for granted. And why not. After all, its just a symbol, right. We had it the first Sunday of each month. I kept looking to the clock at the back of the church thinking…”For crying out loud, will you hurry up with the bread and wine. I want to get out of here.” Steve, I just wasn’t into the Lord’s Supper at all. If its just a symbol…why do it?

Easter vigil came, and there I was, doing the one thing I said I would never do. I was becoming Catholic. I fully understood what the Eucharist was, is, and will always be, and when I took it for the very first time, I cried my heart out because for the first time in my life, I knew I was truly taking the Body and Blood of Christ. What an awesome Blessing this is.

I’m now part of the Eucharistic Ministry in my Church. I’m the only one in my family who is Catholic, but I’m working on them. For now I will not just BE Catholic…but LIVE my Catholic Faith as a witness for my family and friends.

Thank you so much for your videos Steve. They hold a lot of meaning for me. Your Friend in Christ….Cory

Bro. ARiston C. Agustin, APC. November 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I am happy for you. You have met Him truly. I am a devotee of the Holy Eucharist. May God bless you and guide you in this endeavor. God Bless.

Marilyn Farneman November 27, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Thank you Steve for sharing this from Cory. As a convert too I agree it is awesome to receive Jesus each Eucharist. When I miss daily Mass or Communion I feel that my day is not complete. God Bless you.

herb November 27, 2010 at 1:27 PM

“Lord, I’m not worthy to receive you. But only say the word and I shall be healed!”

Thanks for reminding me of my own reception into the Catholic Church (Easter 2008).

Herb VanderLugt

jpaul_a November 27, 2010 at 8:01 PM

“Lord, I am not worthy to receive you. But only say the word and I shall be healed.”

Jim November 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Way to go, Cory! Welcome home! I am a convert from 2006.

Betsy November 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM

The

The Eucharist is a V ERY important part of my life. I can’t receive every day because of work but I FEEL HIS
presence. Welcome HOME

Jim Albright November 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I was in Cory’s RCIA class. I “walked” with Cory at this past Easter vigil. One thing Cory left out, which at the time, and even more true now in hindsight; is the blessing he received (and myself also in a very real way — it was one of only two moments that I cried that night) by being one of the individuals that presented/walked the gifts to our priest. It was truly a miraculous night. Thank you SO much Cory for sharing this with Steve; and thank you Steve for sharing it with us. It is a great reminder of how blessed we are, and how much God loves us.

c.serra November 29, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Glory and Praise to Our Holy God, Through Our Jesus Christ !! Miracle by our Lord, Amen!!

Justin December 4, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Your long errand which brings you to Jesus through Eucharist, strengthen my faith in Catholic living in Indonesia as minority. May Jesus bless you, always.