Fr. Corapi Accused

by Steve Ray on March 21, 2011

UPDATE 4/6/11  Info on Santa Cruz Media and latest update here

National Catholic Register’s article dated April 10

Recent Press Release from Santa Cruz Media, the owner of rights Fr. Corapi’s products. Read it here.

EWTN’s Latest Comments

mark Shea’s astute comments

http://Jimmy Akin’s Summary and Analysis

What We Know and Don’t Know to Date

Latest News by National Catholic Register

LATEST NEWS BY CNA

Mark Shea’s Comments

It’s difficult to excerpt, but it should be read.

Julie at Happy Catholic on both Fr. Corapi and Archbishop Dolan

Pat Archbold has the statement from Corapi’s superior

Also writing:
Lisa Graas

Michael Sean Winters

accused, Fr. Corapi’s website announcement

See also http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fr-John-Corapi/206649871257

I also heard from a reliable source he’s been suspended from EWTN pending investigation.

another page with thoughts

Fumare as mentioned I above article

Added section on Wikipedia: “On March 18, 2011, Corapi was placed on administrative leave by his religious superior, Fr. Gerald Sheehan pending investigation of claims by a former employee that he had been in a relationship with her and is a drug addict. Corapi denied the allegations as false and said the process is flawed. Sheehan issued a statement emphasizing that the suspension “in no way implies Father Corapi is guilty of the allegation.”

LJ March 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Let us remember the experience of Padre Pio, and as Father Corapi as requested, pray for everyone concerned.

NBW March 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM

We need to pray for Fr. Corapi and all concerned. We can’t rely too much on what we see or hear in the news.

florence moore March 21, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Fr. Corapi has played a huge role in my coming back to church after 30yrs. He made my son turn to Christ and the Catholic Faith, his Love for Our Lady and Jesus is so strong you could not doubt it.
Father we ware praying for you every day and ask Our Lady to cover you with Her Cloak.
Do not give up, satan wants you out cause you are bringing Souls to Christ. May God Bless You

Chris Lapain March 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM

We need to pray for The Church and Her Priests, they are under attack by the great liar! Father John had a target on his back by the way he has proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus Christ without comprimise and full of power. It comes down to tactics of war, like Father John has stated so many times in His sermons. He’s done the devil damage in so many ways so the old boys come after him with some artilerary fire trying to get him to retreat a little. Something tells me Father John will dig in and hold his ground on this and it’s the devil who will have to consider retreating in the end. For those of us whose been in this a while it just the way it is, the closer you get to the Lord and the more people you bring with you, the more hell unleashes it’s self upon you. The thing we all need to remember in the end is WE WIN. We know the ending of the story and who won the victory for us.
Let us pray for Father John and all our Priests who put their necks on the line for us everyday. God Bless

antonelladistaso March 22, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Yes lets pray for Fr Corapi and all concerned. The Devil will not win he never wins! Jesus is with you Fr Corapi, we will help you fight this battle. Priests are precious and Fr Corapi is precious to all of us. May God grant a speedy resolve to this attack. And the Victory will be ours. God bless. Mother Mary St Joseph St Padre Pio St Anthony intercede and pray for Fr Corapi and protect him and us.

Maria Trejo-Hauk March 22, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Dearest Father Corapi,

Please know that we are praying for you. We believe that you will survive this terrible pain. We will make a donation in your name to the Archdioces of Rockford.

May you continue to Shine in His Light. Our Holy Blessed Mother is with you. Do not despair.

In Christ,

Maria Trejo-Hauk

Patricia March 22, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Dear Father,

I am offering my holy hour for you today. I know these charges are false. The devil is desperate to bring
down those on the front lines, and you have done so much to bring souls back to Jesus.

Journey with him through His Passion this Lenten season. You have been chosen to suffer with Him. He loves you so much!

God bless you and may you soon be exonerated.

AF March 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Dear Fr. Corapi,

Let us pray together:

Almighty Father, I praise and thank you for choosing me for this difficult task. I am sure that this is part of your great plan for me. And your plan must be greater than mine. I put all my trust in You! I offer you the suffering that I am going through in reparation for my faults and the faults of my brethren. Unite my suffering with that of your Son, for your Glory. Amen

Kevin o'Driscoll March 22, 2011 at 9:33 PM

God will not forsake Fr Corapi

We will all be the better because of Fr’s Faith in the outcome of this trail. Surely there is a message and then, ultimately, a blessing.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Octavio Lima March 23, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Pax et Bonum!

We should keep several things in mind.

First, a good priest is concerned for the salvation of souls, not for his own hide. As a good father, he will be concerned with the possible harm to the faithful under his care, rather than with the possible harm to himself as the accused.

Second, to avoid any appearance of impropriety, a person of integrity will request without hesitation being placed in administrative leave until an accusation of this nature is properly investigated.

As in ALL these cases, I have always said that if such accusations were ever made against me AND I was innocent, I would challenge my accuser to a polygraph examination alongside myself in a public plaza for everyone to witness. Whenever, I do not see this type of candid and open response, doubts do arise as to the innocence of the accused.

We should pray for a thorough, ethical and fair investigation of the accusations. And we must be prepared to accept the outcome whatever it is.

However, regardless of Fr. Corapi’s guilt or innocence, it will always be just to applaud and give him credit for all the good he has done. You don’t throw out the baby with the bath water. Neither do you destroy a man because he succumbed to temptation in a moment of weakness. If he did something wrong he “earned” and should accept the punishment, in the exact same way he “earned” our admiration and applause for the good he has done.

Let us never forget that the failings, shortcomings or sins of a member of the Church, be he a Pope or a layman, do not in the least diminish the holiness of the Church’s teachings nor the validity of the Church’s mission.

Above all, let us keep him, and all our clergy, constantly in our prayers. May Almighty God help them to be virtuous and brave!

J G Beauford March 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Fr. Corapi is innocent until proven guilty. Further, he is not accused of a crime, only of committing sins that create scandal. We do not know all the facts, and frankly, we are not entitled to them.

mary johnson April 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I am sorry for what happened to the Father and I’m praying for his exoneration and his return to us. thank you MJ

learn more July 18, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.