Married 35 Years Today, Best Thing I Ever Did! Pictures Then and Now

by Steve Ray on December 4, 2011

Today Janet and I celebrate 35 years together as man and wife. It flew by so fast. My parents just celebrated 72 years of marriage so we have a ways to go to catch up with them.

We will go to the Solanis Casey Center in Detroit for Mass, visit the Detroit Institute of Arts “Rembrandt’s Face of Christ Exhibit”, and go out to lunch. Since we travel so much she wanted to stay at home and keep it simple.

She has been the best wife and the world. She tamed the barbarian. Here are a few pictures from then and now. God bless our four kids and ten grandkids (picture below) and may they all grow strong and wise and continue to love God.

Steve and Janet c.1976 WeddingCindy BabyP1060736PilattasIMG_0488

Alyson December 4, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Congratulations to you and Janet!

Sr. Dorcee Clarey December 4, 2011 at 9:49 AM

A blessed anniversary! I remember your coming into the church so well. We are so graced to have you part of CTK.

JoAnne McCormack December 4, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Congratulations to you & Janet. Wow! You both were so young when you got married. You have a beautiful family. Keep doing what you are doing! My husband & I look for anything you do!
God Bless you & your family!

Jan Schroeder December 4, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Happy Anniversay Steve and Jan!
How time flies. Looking back at your wedding pictures remind me of our own 41 years ago October 3rd. How young and carefree we looked. Of course you still do! Not sure about my husband & I. All the blessings in the world to you and your beautiful family**

Sincerely,
Jan & Ray Schroeder

Jan Schroeder December 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM

P.S Thanks for the wonderful conference you presented at St Patrick’s in East Hampton, CT Dec 2nd & 3rd.
My friends & I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope you will come back again!

Marilyn Farneman December 4, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Best Wishes to you, Steve and Janet! You were so young back then.
I celebrated my 50th last July minus my husband. I know he is still with me and was on the way to the Catholic church before I was. He was a Southwestern Baptist Seminary graduate but felt through his reading that he would like to become Catholic. He didn’t make it but i did! Praise the Lord!

Deborah Rawlings December 4, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Congratulations Steve and Janet! Like an earlier post, your pictures remind me of my own – I was 18 and my husband 22 – my folks were terribly disappointed (we eloped) and sure of the worst and that it wouldn’t last, that was 40 years ago next April! We proved them wrong on all counts! With God’s Grace and our sheer stubborness, we are still together. Congratulations, again, S&J – you two are such an example to so many and a witness to God’s love. Peace and blessings to you and for many yearsmore – may you exceed your own parents many years (God bless them too!).

Jim December 4, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Congratulations to you both! God Bless you and your family!

Zi Davis December 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Congratulations to both of you! God bless

Sarah December 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Congratulations! You both are such an inspiration and I feel blessed to know you. Thank you for sharing your faith with us all and inspiring us. Sending you prayers and love for many more blessed years of marriage. May God continue to bless you and all your family!

cyprian serra December 6, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Congratulations u both, God Bless You All in family!

Kathy Gantt December 6, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Congratulations you two!! Sending you prayers offered up to the Holy Family on your behalf. Steve, I LOVE your hair in 1976… from one big haired Catholic to another :) Janet, you are just as pretty today as you were in 1976… haven’t changed a bit…..
Kathy Gantt