UPDATE: Scott Hahn Home from Surgery

by Steve Ray on January 21, 2012

Dr. Scott Hahn

SATURDAY UPDATE:
“Dr. Scott Hahn says: “Home at last… after several firsts: first time I spent overnight(s) in a hospital; first time I received the sacrament of the anointing of the sick; and the first time a surgeon looked at me and said, ‘Yes, you might die.’ So I am grateful beyond words for His mercies and your prayers. How true it is, our God is bigger than all our storms!”

LATEST UPDATE:
Good news is that the 18 inches removed was actually from his small intestine, not his colon. This is good news and much less of a problem long term.

LATEST UPDATE: Scott’s colon ruptured. Thankfully Fr. Ryland was able to get to the hospital and anoint him before they took him into surgery and then stayed with Kimberly. She said that they removed 18 inches of his colon (colon 5-5.5 feet total) and that currently he’s coping due to morphine but tomorrow will probably be a tough day as he will have to get up and move around and so she asked for prayer that the stitches hold and that no infection sets in. Thanks for your prayers.

UPDATE:
From Dr. Hahn: “Came out of successful two hour surgery with lots of gratitude and pain. Will be in hospital for next 3-5 days; 2-4 weeks in recovery. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. AMDG”

Don Ragsdale January 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Dear Dr. Hahn,
I want you to know that I will pray daily for your swift recovery and for the peace of Christ to be with you and your family. I want to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt thanks for all that you do for God and His family here on earth. I have read so many of your interesting and informative books and often listen to your CDs. Rest now and recover, my friend, and know that there is a multitude of prayers being said on your behalf.
Your brother in Christ,
Don Ragsdale

Maureen Pugh January 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Dr. Hahn and family, You will be added to our rosary tonight. We first heard about your surgery on Catholic radio today. Many are lifting you all in prayer. Praying for complete healing and full recovery.

Angela Ragsdale January 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

May God bless you in your recovery, Dr. Hahn. My prayers are with you and your family.

Pax Christi,
Angela Ragsdale

Daniel Moquin January 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM

We are all praying for you in Parry Sound and over at St.Peter the Apostle Parish. Get well soon.

Peter January 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Lord, protect Scott Hahn from any infection and send your healing Holy Spirit to him (and teach him not to overdo the quick recovery plan) Amen

Chidi (@SirDarlington) January 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM

My Prayers are with You, Dr. Hahn and your family. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Maria Rose January 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Our family is praying for yours! I am a convert to the Catholic Faith – both you and Kimberly have helped our family so much. You will be in our prayers daily! May God bless you all abundantly. Maria

Sabine January 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Praying for a quick and uneventful recovery. Are there any updates from today?

Debbie January 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

We prayed a family rosary for you!!! If it were not for Kimberly Hahn opening my heart to the rosary and Scott Hahn opening my heart fully to the Catholic faith…well, I might not be a Catholic convert today in love with my faith in a beautiful Catholic family in love with theirs!! May special graces from our rosary be applied to your healing…our rosaries over the years have brought so many blessings…Thank you Scott and Kimberly!! JMJ

Widodo Budi January 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Get well soon, Dr Hahn. My regard from Indonesia.

John January 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Be assured we’ll lift you up in our prayers, Scott!
Our Blessed Lord will be with you as you recover.

Lynn Coco January 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Dr. Hahn,
You have been such an inspiration to so many of us who would never seen the link between the Old and New Testament. We owe so much to your perseverance in your studies. Our heavy hearts and many prayers are with you and your family.
Lynn and Johnny Coco and family

Colleen Rowe January 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM

We’ll miss you at the conference in Riverside Scott but you know everyone will be praying for you.

A Gentur Panuwun January 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Because it still takes a lot of people, you have to maintain health !! God always bless you.

Leslie January 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

We will be placing you in our family rosary! May God bless you with a speedy recovery.

Tom Govern January 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Dear God, we cannot lose this guy as yet! Bless him with recovery, help his family.

Herdi January 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

My family pray for your speedy recovery Dr. Hahn, and may God stay by your side and your family during this difficult time. It is so touching to read all people of God from all over the world are praying for you. May God our lovingly Father heal you, and give you strength. We ask this through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Molly January 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I agree with “Sandy” the “random stranger”. Take much more time to heal than is suggested. Your body, (and the church) will thank you for it… As you will heal properly.
God bless you abundantly!!!
Prayers to you and your family!!

Thomas Lynch January 20, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Get well soon and God’s Blessing’s on You and your family from your Mates down under

Pen Teves January 20, 2012 at 1:21 AM

We pray for your speedy recovery. Get well soon.

Roderick Alvernaz January 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Dr. Hahn,
You’re in our prayers for a complete and speedy recovery! And may God continue to bless you, and your every good endeavor!
Rod Alvernaz

Alpha January 20, 2012 at 3:23 AM

God bless you with courage and strength as you recover from the surgery.

Allison January 20, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Storming heaven with prayers for you and your family! Thank you for being a great witness to the Catholic faith!

Mary Lynn Bartko January 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Dear Mr. Hahn,
I am saying a rosary for you every day. I have read all your books and thank you for being such a great evangelist at this much needed time.
Since you will be resting for awhile, I have a book to suggest to you. . . “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell. It can save your physical life the same way you have helped save so many people’s souls.
Rest and be well.

Debra Landry January 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

We will continue to pray for the Hahn family. May God have his hands upon Scott for a speedy recovery. Louisiana

Dex January 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds … Great is our Lord, and mighty in power …” (Psalm 147:3).

Susan January 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Praying for your speedy recovery Dr. Scott Hahn.

Amanda January 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Praying for a safe and speedy recovery

George Herby January 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Dr. Hahn,
My prayers are with you for a complete recovery. Like so many converts to the faith today, I too came unto the light in no small part due to your good work, for which I am ever grateful. Thank you. God’s blessings upon you and your family. GH

Fr. Mark Moretti, St. John's Church, Warrenton, Va January 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Hi Kimberly – offered my holy hour for Scott this morning…I know God will pull him through with all of our prayers and the grace of the sacraments. Tell Gabriel and the kids hello for me:)

Elizabeth January 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I will take Dr. Hahn’s speedy recovery with me to mass, tonight, add this intention to the prayers of the faithful and offer Holy Communion on his behalf. God bless you and keep you!

Stephanie January 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Asking Our Blessed Mother for her intercession in your recovery and healing Mr. Hahn. Our Lady Queen of Peace, intercede for us. +JMJ+

David Slifka January 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Dear Dr. Hahn,
Please know that you will be in our daily prayers. May God bless you and keep you.

JP January 20, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Just left Adoration and prayed for you to heal. Also prayed for your discernment with colon health by being a vegan at web site. http://www.hacres.com We found out about this thru sickness 11 years ago and Praise God, we are very healthy now. God Bless.

JP January 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I ditto with Mary above….read THE CHINA STUDY, by T. Colin Campbell – also associated with Hallelujah Acres http://www.hacres.com –It is biblical.

Richard January 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM

May God grant you strength of body, and peace of mind and soul.

Richard January 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM

May God grant you strength of body, and peace of mind and soul during this trying time.

Mary Sternhagen-Bryde January 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Dr. Hahn, We will pray for your speedy recovery! I have spent many days in my life knowing that I could make it through the next few hours with a smile, because I was able to listen to your tapes…also have appreciated every time I have ever heard you on ewtn, kbvm and was able to work on some of your Salvation History.com etc…(&Kim’s tapes as well…) I was blessed to watch a life changing video on hulu, (shortened 2 minute version is on utube) ” FAT SICK & NEARLY DEAD”
….please click on hulu or utube and watch this…and you will soon realize why I risked hurting your feelings to pass it on to you and family!….Please Dr. Hahn, I have been so inspired by you in my life and have reccommended your teachings to many….I want to ensure you stay ALIVE!! Praying for your family as well!!! God bless, with Love, Mary Bryde

Michelle January 20, 2012 at 10:55 PM

May Jesus, the great physician, lay his healing hands upon you and grant you a complete and speedy recovery. I ask this through the intercession of our most blessed Mother, Mary.

I will continue praying daily for you and your family. God bless you.

Jennifer January 20, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Just wanted to let you know that you will be in our prayers. My husband had the same thing happen to him in October, but he lost 12 inches of his colon, and was left with a colostomy. We are hoping and praying that with time, they will be able to reverse the colostomy, but won’t know for a while yet. Just wanted to let you know you aren’t alone, and we have an idea of what you have been through, so will definitely be praying for the entire family, and for healing.

Karen Salstrom January 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Dr. Hahn & Kimberly: I just posted on the FB Page. My first post was just a THANK YOU to you both because of how you’ve helped a Cradle Catholic in a 35-yr straying to COME HOME. After I read other posts, I realized that Scott was in the hospital.

You both are so dear…prayers for you to sense the nearness of Our Lord in the days ahead, and for God’s Hand to touch you for complete healing.

In Christ’s Name,
Karen

sahlee a. reyes January 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Whatever God will send to us, a sickness, a problems, failures or disappointments, terminal cancers or anything, we must accept it as long it is the will of our Lord Jesus. Sufferingss of any kind is gift from God and it is a blessings because God is using us to offer this to Him ia able for Him to convert many sinners in this world. In this case He is calling you to serve Him in this rescue mission for the salvations of many sinners. Believing in God and loving Him is not enough to prove to Him that you are really a true follower of Christ. Your faith is proven to be tested if you accept the joy and suffering at the same time as one.

joseph January 21, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Oh, the irony of the covenant!! Kiberly told you to eat your fiber! As does my wife. Joe.

Bernie & Bev Elero January 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Scott, we keep you and your family in our prayers. God Bless

Cindy January 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Praying for Dr. Hahn at Mass tonight. So grateful for all his ministry. His work has added to and enhanced Catechesis in our parish.

Sue in Japan January 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM

My life was changed when a little book called “Rome Sweet Home” started me on a quest for Truth, and then again when a priest put a copy of the Japanese translation in my hand for my husband to read. I know we are just two of many, many people that got started on the journey Home via a Hahn book. We are forever grateful, and we will be praying for Scott’s full recovery!!!

Carolyn Swallow January 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Dr. Hahn, I am praying for you as are so many, many others whom you have helped on our faith journeys. Your teachings brought me home to the Catholic Church. Please allow yourself a restful and unhurried recovery. Much love to you and your family.

Suzanne Boyle January 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM

God Bless you and keep you. Thank God for a bit of a warning. please look after your health you have a lot of work to do yet. :-) You are especially in our prayers Kimberley. Blessings from New Zealand -

Riley family January 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Dr. Scott Hahn and family,
We ask Our Lord’s healing for you and pray for your recovery and for peace for you and your family. What a wonderful witness you all are of God’s love in our world. Our family’s prayers will be you each day.

Marilyn Farneman January 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I am so thankful that Scott is home from the hospital. I hope he will take time to heal and not rush his recovery. I am happy that I was able to be on the Italy tour in 2010 with them and their sons.
God Bless you! Marilyn Farneman