We Should All Target Target: Calling all Catholics, other Christians and Sensible People

by Steve Ray on June 10, 2012

Why would a big corporation trying to sell to the wide cross-section of America alienate a huge part of their customers? Stupidity or pressure from the Gay Lobby is probably the answer.

We used to buy a lot at Target as a family with ten grandchildren. But, as of today we will NOT set foot in a Target store again until they apologize and change their position.

They have begun to support and promote the Gay, Lesbian, Transgender and other perverse lifestyles. Read more here.

News Report:
Minneapolis based mega-retailer, Target Corp. has announced that throughout the month of June (which President Obama has officially declared “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month”) it will be selling “gay pride” t-shirts with 100 percent of the proceeds to benefit the Family Equality Council, a national pro-homosexual organization bent on eliminating faith-based adoption agencies and redefining marriage throughout the nation.

The Family Equality Council’s clear objective is to pass legislation on the local and national level that would effectively shut down Christian based adoption agencies. We have seen this happen in Illinois, Massachusetts and Washington, D.C.

The legislation orders all adoption agencies to no longer put a priority in placing a child in a home with a mom and dad, despite the overwhelming evidence that such households are by far the best environment for a child.

By making itself a clearinghouse for donations to a pro-homosexual group, Target has sent the message that they are 100 percent behind efforts to deny you the right to vote on marriage at the ballot box, and to shutter adoption agencies that prioritize placing children with mothers and fathers.

This not-so-fashionable fundraiser shows that Target has its sights set on social engineering. Please sign our petition letting Target know that you want them to take a position of neutrality on the redefinition of marriage and the right of Christian adoption agencies to operate as they have done throughout history. Tell Target that you want to see them focused on growing their business instead of providing free advertising and funding for groups that thwart your values, and then alert your local store managers by giving them a free flyer to let them know what their corporate office is doing.

Urge Target Corporation to halt fundraising for anti-Christian adoption group

The Other Mike June 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hi Steve–I must say I disagree as I can’t help but think ‘what would Jesus do’ and feel he would not preach a gospel declaring a boycott of a company who places an advertisement showing 4 happy people.

I guess Ghandi says it best as to where the Catholic church has gone lately–”I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

I urge you to reconsider your stance.

STEVE RAY HERE:
SORRY MIKE. WOULD NEVER CHANGE MY STANCE ON THIS AS HOMOSEXUALITY IS A PERVERSION AND THE GAY LIFESTYLE AND PUSH FOR SPECIAL RIGHTS NEEDS TO BE OPPOSED. I SUGGEST YOU READ MY EARLIER BLOG POSTS “WAS JESUS NICE” AND “JESUS AND HOMOSEXUALITY.” JESUS WOULD HAVE NEVER CONDONED SUCH A LIFESTYLE AND TO CLAIM HE WOULD IS TO CREATE GOD IN YOUR OWN IMAGE.

The Other Mike June 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I suggest you read the words of Jesus Christ, meditate on them, and try again to choose a more christian response. I wish you well in your journey.

STEVE RAY HERE: Have studied the Gospels all my life IN their context. Read my blog a few days ago “Homosexuality and Jesus” and “Was Jesus Nice?”

The Other Mike June 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Let me suggest you study and mediate on this gospel–

–How might this apply to this situation?

STEVE RAY HERE: Are you referring to the part where Jesus forgives the sinful woman and tells her to go and sin no more? I would apply it by telling the homosexual to go to Jesus to have their sins forgiven and then to go and sin no more. That was easy.

Meditate on this passage of Scripture. How might you apply it?

1 Corinthians 6:9–11 (NASB)
Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.

FuzzyR June 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I don’t see how your quote from Corinthians justifies your persecution of gays. Where in the bible does it even imply that activism against gays is a Christian necessity? We behave ourselves according to the teachings of the Gospel. And we pray for truth, justice, and salvation for all, even for those who don’t follow the Gospel. I don’t think you are representing my Catholic faith very well here. But being controversial and creating a big PR push like this is probably a good way to expand the reach of your brand. I’m glad someone has finally been able to profit from their Catholic faith.

STEVE RAY HERE:
FUZZY: NO PERSECUTION OF GAYS HERE. THIS IS THE SAME TRIPE WE HEAR ALL THE TIME. SAY ANYTHING AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY AND THE GAYS SCREAM HARASSMENT AND PERSECUTION.

WHAT I DID IS SIMPLY VOTE WITH MY POCKETBOOK AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO THE SAME. I AM NOT GOING TO SUPPORT A CORPORATION THAT SPONSORS WHAT I CONSIDER A PERVERSION. THE GAYS ARE MASTERS AT THIS TACTIC OF BOYCOTTS, SO DON’T ACCUSE ME OF UNSEEMLY CONDUCT OR PERSECUTION. WE’RE JUST FOLLOWING YOUR PLAYBOOK.

I AM OPPOSED TO THE GAY LIFESTYLE. DON’T FOOL YOURSELF THAT GAYS JUST MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS. THERE IS A HUGE AGENDA NOT ONLY FOR RECOGNITION BUT FOR SPECIAL RIGHTS, FOR PROMOTION OF THE LIFESTYLE AS NORMAL ON TV, IN THE SCHOOLS AND IN THE MARKETPLACE (LIKE TARGET). I AM PRESENTING THE CATHOLIC FAITH VERY WELL. I AM SPEAKING OUT AGAINST DISORDERED BEHAVIOR BECAUSE IT DOES EFFECT THE CULTURE. I ALSO SPEAK OUT AGAINST BESTIALITY, POLYGAMY, PEDOPHILIA, ABORTION, INCEST AND OTHER DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIORS.

I HAVE NO BRAND TO PUSH OTHER THAN A DECENT SOCIETY FOR MY GRANDCHILDREN AND TO LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT GAY PROPAGANDA BEING SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT. IF YOU READ MY OTHER BLOGS ON HOMOSEXUALITY YOU WILL SEE I TRY HARD TO LOVE THE SINNER WHILE HATING THE SIN.

FuzzyR June 13, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Steve, you’ve got me convinced. Thanks for changing my mind on such an important issue!

The Other Mike June 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM

If I may suggest, here is my reading of the situation. You are a seeker and you choose to elevate your search of knowledge into a position of relative power by blogging your views as you gain knowledge and adopt stances based on your readings.

You seem to have been doing this for many years, but while you are gaining knowledge, you (like all men) are a flawed human and are lacking some respect of the need to maintain an open mind toward learning more of what life has to teach you. Call this experience, which is a key resource of wisdom.

Please remember above all things, to ‘do unto others’ and to ‘love the sinner and hate the sin.’ God teaches us to ‘judge not’ and that he will forgive sinners who repent even on their death bed, so how can you or I judge, and how can we not have forgiveness in our hearts and minds? Us frail human beings, while made in the image of God, cannot pretend to place ourselves at God’s side and act quicker than God in smiting down our fellow man, can we?

Craig C of St Paul June 14, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Thanks Steve, I’m frankly fed up with the homosexual drum beat, constantly pulling at families, churches, employers, schools and Christ himself. This is a daily dump of “RELATIVISM”, justifying their acts as normal. It’s working; “The Other Mike” is a prime example of a disciple from the dark side. I’m sorry the plumbing does not work, never have and never will.

In the past I did not let this issue get to me but they are in your face, hourly, daily recruiting to improve their numbers to wash 5000 years of the wrongness of the act and sin away. I’m not sure what is the greater sin the act itself or the promotion against 5000 years of Gods written laws.

I’ve heard reports they will soon release studies of what was recently discovered on what they believe is Sodom and Gomorra, the skeletons found, the terror on the faces and half bodies burned. “The Other Mike” might want to check out the original biblical story on that one! We are all sinners of one type or another. We need the Christ’s Church to stand firm to his ORINGINAL teachings. It’s impossible for me to live up to all of God’s laws but WE need a place to go that won’t yield to false teachers, that will defend his teaching, a place to go to be forgiven and cleansed. Not to promote sin through RELATIVISM like some churches are doing. Woo to them.

The Other Mike, is sexual relations/marriage with children the next taboo to overcome? How about animals? I could use your relativism to come to the same point you are promoting. I could go on but you get the idea.

Target and JC Penney are just two companies that have recently turned into our new moral secular teachers. Here all the time I thought they sold personal goods! Why did they have to go there? I’m done with them too. I sent this video to them asking them “is this what they stand for?”. Is this what they are promoting? I suggest “The Other Mike” watch this; is this what you stand for? Is this what you have bring to us and Steve’s web site? I would hope not.

Please watch this;
Attached is a video called “Attacked by Tolerance” Is this what Target stands for?? Is this the tolerance Target preaches?

Pete June 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Hey The other Mike, You still have not read Steve’s previous blogs. He already covered the same stuff you keep bringing up. JUST READ. What are you afraid of?

Caroline June 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but from what I have read about ancient Roman, Greek and various other cultures’ histories, when homosexuality was prevalent or accepted, women’s rights were severely diminished. Women were, essentially, required to do the birthing and early childhood raising of the preferred male sex; however, basic rights were practically non-existent.

Steve C September 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Great write up, Mr. Ray! How anyone can bash you for this is beyond me. Do we not stand for principles anymore?! Now there are Catholic schools all over the place lining up with Target to win money from them. Schools are acting like whores in a sense. We’ll drop out principles if Target gives us money. Then we can never speak out against them bc well we took money directly from them. We seem to have eliminated the principle of the integral good.

Example of what I’m talking about http://givewith.target.com/school/48120

When will we all be 100% Catholic no matter what?