My son Jesse and his Family Saying Good-bye to Great Grandpa

by Steve Ray on August 11, 2012

My son Jesse, Anna and their five great kids say "Good-bye"

My son Jesse (who has been an outstanding grandson to my dad) and his family visit dad so the kids could say “Good-bye.” My other children have been hovering over dad too and even spending the nights with him to insure his comfort.

Today he has eaten nothing and has not been responsive. He is sleeping peacefully and will not make it much longer. He cannot eat or drink. His kidneys have shut down. Janet and I are rushing home to hold his hand one last time and tell him how much we love him even though we are not sure he will hear us. There has been no better father.

Fr. Bob with his priestly hands blesses and prays for my dad

Our friend Fr. Bob Roggenbuck came again to pray and anoint dad and give him an Apostolic Pardon. We pray and trust that dad is ready to meet his Lord Jesus whom he has loved and served for almost 6o years.

“Lord, send Your angels for your faithful servant. He is ready to come home. We also await the resurrection of his body on the Last Day! Thank you Lord Jesus for your merciful redemption.”

Kathy August 11, 2012 at 8:51 PM

God bless your family, Steve.

Nikita August 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I will be praying for your family and your father. God bless your family.

Patrick Colgan August 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM

God always bends low to comfort us in these times; may your family feel His loving presence drawing near as the Lord brings your father to Himself.

Linda Bryant August 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Praying for God’s peace and love to comfort your family at this time.

Mary Lou Weinberg August 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Dear Steve, I will say this prayer that I said for my father. It is the Prayer for a Happy Death.
Father, when You are ready to lead Charles through death to eternal life, be with him as you were with Your people of old. As the last breath of life pours from him, take away all fear and let him embrace You with joy. Give him the grace to die, as did St. Joseph, with Jesus and Mary at his side. Amen
Peace be with you and your family. Cherish these last moments that you have with your Dad.

Craig & Nancy Johnson August 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Dear Steve,
God’s blessings for you and your family at this difficult time. May your dad rest in peace. He will be in our prayers.

Pam & Don Howard August 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM

We love you, Uncle Bob!

In our lifetime we have never met a man so caring, so kind and so gentle and so full of God’s love!

Uncle Bob has touched so many of our lives in a positive way; always giving, always thankful and living each day with un-compromising faith in Jesus, enjoying the simple pleasures and beautiful things in life and sharing them with everyone who came his way.

May God Bless Uncle Bob!

Just as I am: “Oh Lamb of God, I come, I come.”

Don and Pam

John August 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Did your dad converted to the catholic church?

STEVE HERE: Unhappily no. But he died in the arms of Jesus I have no doubt.