Here are the questions I answered on Ash Wednesday:
1) Why do we take the Gloria out of the liturgy during Lent?
2) Do we have to have a Mass to distribute ashes?
3) A Protestant friend saw my ashes and asked why Catholics were a separate denomination and do such things?
4) If the Eucharist is the Body of Christ, his flesh, then why are we allowed to eat it on no meat fast days?
5) When I grew up in Mexico my mother brought home the ashes in an envelop. Was that OK?
6) What happens if you forget and eat meat on a fast day? – opps, I did it!
7) Should children receive ashes?
8) Is Lent just about not eating meat or is it more than that?
9) When did we start not eating meat during Lent and why is it meat?
10) How long are we supposed to leave the ashes on our forehead?
11) What is it like in the desert Jesus where Jesus spent 40 days?
12) What is the New Testament reason for Lent?