Teaching where Jesus Taught, Water into Wine and Love into Renewed Vows, the Word became Flesh HERE!

by Steve Ray on May 4, 2013

Great day again. Wonderful weather. Not one complaint but a hundred smiles. Great food, great sites, developing warm new friendships. Prayer, Mass, singing and joy.

REMEMBER TO LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW! FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE LOVING THEM!

Mass on the Mount of Beatitudes overlooking the Sea of Galilee. Renewal of wedding vows and interesting teaching at Cana where Jesus blessed marriages and turned water into wine.

Lunch at authentic Nazareth restaurant (no tourist stops for us!) and prayer at the cave where the Angel Gabriel announced the Good News to Mary. I also did my talk “A Day in the Life of the Holy Family” in the place they lived for 30 years.

Next dinner at the classy Auberge Shulamit and a comedy club on the way home on the bus :-) Everyone had free time from 6:30 at the hotel to swim in the sea or pool, take a walk, enjoy the luxurious seaside patio, take a walk along the shore or into Tiberias and to watch the fishermen heading out to sea.

Lauren Carr May 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Grandma Margaret,

I just saw you on the video that mom showed me. I like your hat and I like you. Thank you for coming to our house to visit before your trip to the Holyland. I miss you and hope you are having a wonderful trip. You look happy in the video.

Love you,
Lauren

Libby Shortner May 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I’m keeping Baby Brennan this afternoon, and we just watched your video together. He loved it, especially the renewing of your marriage vows! What a terrific day you had! We are both sending big smiles your way. Miss you, Nonnie and Papa (Billy and Debbie Shortner)!
Love, Libby (and Brennan)

Tessie Phillips May 4, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Tommy, Libby, and Margaret,

I enjoyed your beautiful wedding video–very touching. It gave me goosebumps. You two certainly have the look of love.

And, Margaret, I have a feeling that Tom was looking down from Heaven at you and maybe repeating his vows also.

See you tomorrow!

Love, (Sister) Tessie

Dolly May 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Hi Al & Prunie. I’m so happy for both of you that you get to renew your wedding vows at Cana. Happy 40th! Love you both.

P. Roddy May 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Hello Schwartz Family, I see Jason was behind the altar, he must have been an altar boy today. What a great place to renew your vows Cheryl & Michael. I see your photographer is getting a good shot with her new equipment. Great way to follow you. The first address was incorrect but I’ve got it now! Love Grandma Roddy

Joan McManus May 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Hi Tommy, Libby and Margaret, looks like you are having a great time and eating lots of interesting food. Trying to find you in your “silly” hats is kind of hard as everyone had the same idea as you. Lol. It is nice to be able to catch glimpses of you having a good time. Everyone here is good, oh Margaret, just wanted you to know I have a new three wood on the way, now just need to fine tune it for our tournament In July ! Be safe and Love you, Joan

Nancy Anderson May 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Tom and Libby,

It was wonderful to watch you renew your vows at Cana! So touching :)
Looks like a wonderful trip and we love being able to share with this blog.

To hear the teachings of the Beatitudes in the same spot Jesus spoke the words just blows my mind.

Have a great rest of your trip.

Love,

Nancy and Jay

Scott McKinney May 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Grandma Judy and Grandpa Harold,

Great to see you renew your wedding vows. What a special place to do it again. Thanks for the special video message to the kids! It looks like you’re having a wonderful time. We are enjoying joining you virtually each day. Enjoy your trip!

Love Scott, Julie, Devan, John, Sarah, Aaron, and Kira

Mary (sis in jersey) May 5, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Hi Melinda,
Ask your fellow pilgrims to pinch you! No your not dreaming! You are really in the Holy Land! Can you believe it?! Pinch her again! Hope each day gets better and better! Praying for you and the whole group! Love you & God bless! Mary

The Carlsons May 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Hi Mimi & Grandpa Tom,
We love you and miss you. Have fun. We hope you take pictures to show us when you get home. I have been taking lots of pictures with your camera, thank you!
Love,