Day 2 in Israel in 3 Parts – too much for one video :-)

by Steve Ray on September 2, 2013

Up the mountain! Lamb and chicken; Annunciation, renewal of Wedding Vows and Swimming in the Sea of Galilee. Today we have three videos.

Video One: Mount Tabor and the Transfiguration, Lunch in Nazareth and tour of the Church of the Annunciation where “The Word Became Flesh HERE!”

Video Two: Bishop Vasa’s excellent homily during Mass at the Mount of Transfiguration. Video Three is renewal of Wedding Vows in Cana and everyone jumping into the Sea of Galilee to cool off on our free afternoon and evening.

VIDEO ONE: Mount of Transfiguration, lunch in Nazereth, touring and praying at the Church of the Annunciation where Mary said YES.

VIDEO TWO: Bishop Vasa’s homily today at Church of Transfiguration

VIDEO THREE: Renewal of Wedding Vows in Cana, swimming in the Sea of Galilee and a great dinner.

Mary-Lloyd Raymond September 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM

So great to be able to share thru video all you are doing. Hearing Ft Willy say prayers; seeing my husband Deacon Hector on the altar; watching our dear friends Lorraine & Bill renew their vows. God speed!

Ginger Murray September 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM

To: Tom & Dawni Gustafson,
What a wonderful thing to watch you renew your vows! It brought tears to my eyes! I love you Mom and Dad. The videos are a wonderful gift to us! Aurora has intently watched them too!

kathy arritola September 3, 2013 at 12:32 AM

it looks like a great trip. I wonder if the fish in the sea of galilee bit mary gunston’s toes.

Pat Murphy September 3, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Greetings from Kalispell, Montana to our friends, Betty and Jim Rendahl. We’re so excited to see you in Steve’e video, although he’s pretty fast with the camera. Hard to believe you’re really there in the places where Jesus lived and it’s wonderful to see the videos and follow you on your trip. Looking forward to tomorrow! Love you, Pat & Andy Murphy

Cheri Dalton September 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I am leaving this comment under day 1, as day 2 comment section is not working. My daughter, Jessica Echeverry and her family is traveling with you. She said I could leave a prayer request. Today we just found out my boss has neck cancer. He is going in Thursday for a full body scan. He is very scared. He is Catholic. Please help me in praying for him. 3 children and a wife who has never worked. One of the nicest persons you would ever meet. I know God answers prayers. Help me make this a POWERFUL prayer. Thanks so much. God Bless you and love to my family. Safe travels. Thank you

Marilyn Ransom September 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Wonderful to hear Bishop Vasa’s homilies and to witness John and Julie Schiemer renew their vows at Cana. Watching here with others at the Chancery office in Bend and praying for a safe journey and many blessings on your pilgrimage. Hello to Bishop, John and Julie!

George and Natalia Gustafson September 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Dear Gramma and grandpa (Tom and Dawini Gustafson)

You should see Alex’s face when he saw you on the video. He made me play the video over and over again. We are glad you are having a wonderful time. May God keep blessing everybody in you group. Alex is praying every day and for “grandma too”
Love you guys!

Pat Sears September 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Buenas noches from Omaha NE to my quilting sisters Terri and Kathy. Thanks so much for sharing your journey and your contagious exuberance. Smiling with with you–know your hearts are full. We will miss you on Saturday, but the videos make you seem near. Get in front of that camera and you will see all of us waving. Will check back for tomorrow’s video. Happy Trails!