Questions for “Bible Christians” that they can’t answer

by Steve Ray on October 26, 2013

http://www.catholic-convert.com/documents/QuestionsforBibleChristians.pdf  (David Palm is the original compiler of the insightful list.) Check out this list of Questions for “Bible Christians” that they cannot answer.

I got a response in the Comments below, but thought I would post it here with my response.

DAVID COMMENTED: It is refreshing to hear a Romanist admit they are not “Bible Christians”.

STEVE RAY RESPONDS:
I fixed a bit of his punctuation and responded: DAVID: I admitted no such thing. We “Romanists” do NOT claim to be “Bible-aloneist-Christians” for that would be unbiblical. However, to your chagrin, we Catholics are the original and genuine Bible Christians — the ones who decided which books belong in your Bible :-) When I put Bible Christians in quotation marks (“Bible Christians “) it was said with tongue in cheek — thought most folks would understand that :-)

DAVID L DAVIS October 4, 2011 at 4:32 PM

it is refreshing to hear Romanist admit they are not “Bible Christians”

STEVE RAY HERE:
DAVID: We “Romanists” do NOT claim to be “Bible-alonist-Christians” for that would be unbiblical. However, to your chagrin, we are the original and genuine Bible Christians — the ones who decided which books belong in your Bible :-)

Steve Ray October 4, 2011 at 6:11 PM

From: Larry
Date: Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Subject: Saturday to Sunday

By the way, a good question for Bible only Christians is to ask which day is the Sabbath? The Sabbath is Saturday. Then ask why they go to church on Sunday, not following the bible. To explain this I would like to know why and when did the early Christians move the mass from Saturday to Sunday?

BlackCalvinist October 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM

You do realize all these have been answered, right ?

STEVE RAY HERE: Yes, by the Catholic Church.

Sabina Fernandes January 7, 2013 at 5:49 AM

My Mom who has no access to emails or internet, as we in India are not so advanced in IT & software, especially the old class of people, has asked me to print the answers to Question 37 for her.
However, I could not find it. Can you please help. She also emtioned something about the Chapter “Quest for Bible Christians”
If you can guide me to these two topics & will be grateful, so that I and take a print out for her.
God bless.

STEVE RAY HERE
I think this is what you want: http://www.catholic-convert.com/documents/QuestionsforBibleChristians.pdf

Darrell October 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I was raised to believe that the Bible was the end all-be all to what we should know. It seems that Christ, Peter and Paul walked and talked for awhile then nothing much happened till the 16th century. The more I listen and learn from EWTN, the more I understand what was written to whom, and why. As I am on a journey to the fullness of the faith, I thank Steve and many others for their unashamed defense of the church.

Alan & Anh Middleman October 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM

We totally agree with you Darell. Steve & Scott Hahn and many others fiercely defend the Catholic Church for its truth. Thank you Steve for your enthusiasm, knowledge and passions to the One, Catholic, Apostolic Church. You and all others apologists teach us cradle Catholic how to be a good Catholic. May God bless all of you and your families.